MTPS — Motorcycle Training Personal Services
These are questions asked on your test so please feel free to save and remember them like your favorite song
Carrying a pillion
Please note before you carry a pillion you must ensure that your bike has dual seat, 2 sets of foot rests.
The pilion must at all times wear an approved safety helmet that is correctly fastened
- Q. What adjustments would you make before carrying a pillion?
- Tyre Pressure - Increase as necessary (Check Owners Manual)
- Rear Suspensions - Increase as per Owners Manual
- Mirrors - Tilt Upwards to allow for rear weight
- Headlight - Adjust Downward
- Q. How would carrying a pillion effect your Motorcycle?
- Pulling Away - More throttle required but steady with the clutch
- Braking - More braking distance required stopping at the desired point, affecting the 2 second rule.
- Cornering - Take corners slower to allow for extra weight
- Q. What information would you give a pillion before taking them on the bike?
- Sit astride the bike
- Keep feet on foot pegs at all times
- Hold onto the bike i.e. grab rails or the rider firmly
- Lean with the rider
- Advise them on how best to communicate with you i.e a tap on the shoulder noting that will distract you
- No hand signals
- Do not mount or dismount until told to do so